Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Songs That We Sing

I saw somebody who,
Reminded me of you,
Before you got afraid,
I wish that you could've stayed that way...

I saw a little girl,
I stopped and smiled at her,
She screamed and ran away,
It happens to me more and more these days.

And these songs that you sing,
Do they mean anything,
To the people you're singing them to,
People like you?

I saw a photograph,
A woman in a bath,
Of hundred dollar bills,
If the cold doesn't kill her money will.

I read a magazine,
That said by seventeen,
Your life was at an end,
I'm dead and I'm perfectly content.

And these songs that I sing,
Do they mean anything,
To the people i'm singing them to,
People like you?

And these songs that we sing,
Do they mean anything,
To the people we're singing them to?
Tonight they do...

- Charlotte Gainsbourg




To compliment the song notes here's a pic I took from Stromoli (the islands just off the coast of Sicily)... I read a magazine, that said by seventeen, your life was at an end, I'm dead and I'm perfectly content...

No comments:

Post a Comment